4 sets/ 10 reps low row
2 sets/ 15 reps lat pull
4 sets/ 10 reps preacher curls
2 sets/ 15 reps cable curls
I am craving chocolate so bad. I am doing the 'get shredded' diet to strip down some bodyfat. It caused an argument at home, like I figured it would. It's hard to explain your goals to people that have a very different set of values than you do. I want to look a specific way, but I also want to set myself up for the best possible health later in life.
I want to be active and eat right. I want to do what I can to avoid specific illnesses that can be caused by a chosen lifestyle. My husband is the opposite. He just does what he does, not concerned with the impact his choices may have in his health (or mine). We are just different. I wish he were more like me and he probably wishes I was more like him which is funny because his ex-wife was. She is/ was not concerned about the consequences of her actions, hence, she is really overweight. She smoked when they were together (she may have quite) and gained a lot of weight during their relationship. The last time I ran into her, she was choking down a hotdog with all the fixin's, sold from a cart outside a bar. I am sure she probably had a few drinks beforehand, not knowing the caloric intake she already had with her beverages. I doubt she works out like I do....... yet, he always says negative things about her weight while getting frustrated with my workout schedule and way of eating. If I know that carbs really affect my insulin levels (more than most people), why would I not reduce the amount I had and cut out the sugar from my diet? Adult onset diabetes runs on my dads side of the family and I have a mildly high fasting glucose level, so I know that I could possibly avoid type 2 diabetes later in life by the choices I start making now.
My husband smokes a pack a day, drinks when he wants (not as heavy as he used to), and only eats once a day. He is a mechanic and works about 10+ hours a day. Right now, it has been over 100 degrees for well over a month. He does not drink water at home in the evenings, but says he drinks it at work. When I go to his work on the weekends, I never see him with water; just soda, coffee and tea. You want to talk about not taking care of yourself. I am surprised that his body has not given out on him yet. It really bothers me, but the minute I say something about it, he is defensive or makes excuses for not taking care of himself.
Should I have to take care of him later in life for the choices he is making now? I guess when I said "for better or worse", the answer should be yes, but I do not agree. I feel myself pulling away emotionally more and more each day (recently). I can not tell this adult how to take care of himself, I can not make him, so why should I have to pay the price for it? I already pay for the health, eye and dental insurance that is not being used for regular maintenance and check-ups.
No comments:
Post a Comment