Friday, October 23, 2009

Talking to Uncle Pervy on the phone. Chicago has had a month of rainy days and he is not diggin' it. He is studying for the MCAT to see if he can go to med school at the young age of 52. I say go for it!

We were talking bout what I want to do. I have been contemplating law school, but think I may not like the actual job. When I did my undergrad in anthropology, I was interested in forensic anthro. There was not a grad level degree program in the state close to me for a long time, but I just found one an hour away from my house at Texas State University. http://www.txstate.edu/anthropology/facts/

Wow. I need to do some serious soul searching. I wanted this a long time ago and know it would not be boring for me. Do I have the drive to do it now? What do I ultimately want? Where do I want to be? Where do I want to live? Did I change my mind about kids? Would I ever get married again? Do I want to stay in the country?

I know I want a graduate degree and wanted it by 40, but I may have this opportunity at work for going far, far away. What do I do? Try for it all and go with whatever happens first? I feel stuck in a rut and would feel the same way, just in another country if I did the same job somewhere else. On the flip side, the $ and ability to travel from that location would be amazing!

Steps to take:
- Check the requirements for the program
- Apply for the Singapore job when it's posted (just to see what happens)
- Order my NASM certification course, just to have it

Right now, I need to change my focus. I need to think of myself, not my relationship or lack there-of.

No comments:

Post a Comment