Sunday, August 2, 2009

Not going to lie, the swim was tough. The first half of it went fine, but the second half was hard. I was tired and was really huffing and puffing. I got lucky about the location- Ski Shores. They have cables over the water, for pulling wake boarders. I was able to swim on my back the entire way and just follow the cables. This put my head out of the water, which makes me calmer and better able to breathe. I kick faster on my back too, odd, but true. I really need to work on my swimming for the next race.

Swim 500 meter time: 15:54 (pace 3:11m)
transition 1 time: 3:00

The bike ride was good. I lost a water bottle. I was drinking and did not get it back into the holder. I was going to stop and grab it, but it rolled off the road into the grass. I kinda learned my gears, by mile 6. Not bad for someone who had only practice on her bike the day before. I like my new bike. The last mile, I sang to myself: Big Mama Thorton, Swing It On Home. 

Bike 13.8 mile time: 1:07:46 (pace 12.2mph)
transition 2 time: 1:05

I was pretty drained by the run. I walked about half of it. I would run, get tired and walk, get energy then run, etc. 

Run 3 mile time: 33:40 (pace 11:13M)

Overall, it was good. I had some tummy issues leading up to the event (nerves always get me)... love those pink porta pottys at 5am! I got home and still had some stomach issues then tried to run errands with the hubby. I thought I was going to vomit and pass out. After going to Petsmart, he said he was taking me home and told me I had to stay there. I napped for 2 hours. Now I feel like I was hit by a truck. What hurts the most- my shoulders and my abs. 


No comments:

Post a Comment