Sunday, August 9, 2009

open letter to my husband:

It's 4:25 and I am a bit displeased. At 11:47, I texted you and said I was going home from watching the fights and not meeting you guys out. At 1:50 you wrote "oh hell, the revenge of kiki strikes again" which woke me up. You did not write back until 2:25- "I am a taxi because I chose not to get drunk". Who are you and what did you do with my husband? You went on to tell me you were giving a ride to strangers. 3:56- "I am cleaning vomit out of my truck". I called, apparently some chick puked in your truck. You gave her and her boyfriend a ride huh? If that's true, I am still fucking pissed. Talked to you again at 4:04. You had hosed out your truck and were stopping at the shop to use the shop vac and get the water out. We have one on the back porch genius. 

So, you could be lying. You could have gone home with someone. You could be telling the truth, which means you are helping total strangers at 2am when you can just stick their drunk asses in a cab. I have a timed open water swim at 11. I have been sleeping in 1 hour increments. On Monday, I told you that I was not going to argue about anything with you because getting angry, upset and yelling, HURTS ME!!!!! So here we have this situation and my lack of sleep and I have to internalize it and bite my tongue. Are you fucking kidding me?  The nice side of me is worried about you being on the east side at 4am with the shop wide open- alone. It only takes 1 crackhead with a weapon. I am only out of bed because I have this ever so lovely mixture of anger and worry.

I don't know what to do. I really wish you had learned by now that you don't have to save all of the damsels in distress (or their dudes). You have one at home that could use some saving and again, you made the wrong choice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment